The BK2841 DC resistance meter features high accuracy and resolution measurements in the milliohm range. This meter is ideally suited for measuring contact resistance of relays, switches, and PCB traces, typically outside the resistance range of multimeters. The vivid 4.3-inch TFT LCD color touch screen and keypad provide intuitive operation.
The BK2841 model has extended range, accuracy, temperature measurement and functions. Measure low resistivity materials with offset voltage compensation to reduce the influence of thermal EMF. Cable error detection displays a message when one of the terminals is open, which helps identify defective test leads or poor contact that can cause unreliable measurements.
The BK2841 also includes two temperature compensation functions: correction (TC) and conversion (Δt). The TC function corrects for ambient temperature changes that cause different resistance measurements of the same component. The temperature conversion (Δt) function can be used to evaluate a coil’s resistance before and after operation to calculate a temperature change.
These additional features make the 2841 ideal for evaluating coils, motor windings, transformers, actuators and conductive materials.
The BK2841 meter also features low power resistance testing (LPR) modes and variable measurement speeds that are suited for a wide range of applications. The handler interface with high-speed measurement capabilities enables the 2841 to evaluate a large quantity of components and be integrated into an automated test system.
Features & Benefits
- 4.3-inch color touch screen
- 4-wire Kelvin test leads included
- Temperature measurement with correction
- Low power resistance mode to protect DUT
- Manual or auto ranging
- Adjustable measurement speed for fast readout or better accuracy
- Fast measurement speed up to 20 ms/reading to increase manufacturing throughput
- Offset voltage compensation (OVC)
- Cable compensation (0 ADJ)
- BIN comparator function to sort components in up to 10 bin locations
- Bin-sorting with statistical measurement
- Store/recall 30 instrument settings
- Screen capture to USB drive
- Selectable power line filter
- Trigger delay
- Handler interface for easy integration with a component handler
- Standard RS232, USB (USBTMC and virtual COM), and LAN interfaces