Documentation & Downloads
The BK8518 has been discontinued. There is no BK recommended replacement but if you require assistance finding a suitable replacement please contact us.
The affordable, laboratory grade model 8518 Programmable DC Electronic Load is well suited for testing and evaluating a wide variety of DC power sources. This DC electronic load can operate in CC, CV, CR or CP mode while voltage/current or resistance/power values are measured and displayed in real time and is fully programmable via RS232 or USB interface. Extensive protection, including over temperature, over power, over voltage, over current and reverse polarity will help protect your valuable prototype. Its flexible operating modes and excellent measurement accuracy make this DC electronic load a great choice for characterizing DC Power supplies, DC-DC Converters, batteries, fuel cells and solar cells.
- Operates between 0-60 VDC, 1 mA-240 A, 1200 W max
- Constant current (CC), resistance (CR), voltage (CV) and power (CP) operation
- Built-in high resolution (1 mA/1 mV) voltage and current measurement (range dependant)
- A low minimum operating voltage of < 0.1 V and input resistance of 5 mOhm make this DC load especially well suited for fuel and solar cell applications
- Bright, easy to read display (VFD technology)
- Built-in transient generator
- Programmable via RS232 or USB interface. RS232 to TTL serial converter cable, USB to TTL serial converter cable, and application software included
- List mode operation for increased throughput
- Battery testing mode to provide Ah rating of battery
- Flexible triggering: Create trigger events by front panel keystroke, back panel TTL signal or software
- Connect multiple units in parallel to increase current rating
- Remote sense