Documentation & Downloads
The BK878B 40,000-count handheld LCR meter measures inductance, capacitance, and resistance quickly and precisely.
Fast auto ranging and quick measurement configuration such as measurement parameter and test frequency selection make the BK Precision 878B very simple to operate. The meter also includes handy functions such as data hold, Min/Max/Average recording, tolerance sorting, and relative mode.
Measurement data can continuously transfer to a PC via the meter’s mini USB interface, using either the provided data logging software or SCPI commands sent from a custom program.
Features of the BK878B
- 40,000 counts resolution on primary and 10,000 counts resolution on secondary display
- L, C, R primary measurements
- Automatic calculation of secondary parameters D & Q
- 0.5% basic accuracy
- Fast auto range design for rapid, easy component measurements
- Relative mode
- Visible and audible tolerance mode
- Data Hold and Min/Max/Average recording
- USB (Virtual COM) interface
- SCPI compliant commands for remote communication
- Software for datalogging and front panel emulation available as free download
- Selectable auto-power-off options
- Configurable power-up-states
- Passive component trouble shooting
- Electronic assembly
- Quality control (component sorting)
Other models in the range includes the BK879B and the BK880.
The 879B and 880 also measures impedance, Theta, DCR, and ESR. Additionally, the 880 offers capabilities typically only found in bench LCR meters such as a 4-terminal configuration, basic measurement accuracy up to 0.1%, test frequencies up to 100 kHz, selectable test signal levels and measurement rate.