Documentation & Downloads
The B&K Precision model BK880 40,000-count handheld LCR meters measures inductance, capacitance, and resistance quickly and precisely. Additionally, the 880 also measures impedance, Theta, and ESR, features typically only found in bench LCR meters. Additionally, the 880 offers capabilities typically only found in bench LCR meters such as a 4-terminal configuration, basic measurement accuracy up to 0.1%, test frequencies up to 100 kHz, and selectable test signal levels.
Fast auto ranging and quick measurement configuration such as measurement parameter and test frequency selection make the 880 very simple to operate. The meter also includes handy functions such as data hold, Min/Max/Average recording, tolerance sorting, and relative mode.
Measurement data can continuously transfer to a PC via the meter’s mini USB interface, using either the provided data logging software or SCPI commands sent from a custom program.
Features of the BK880
- 40,000 counts resolution on primary and 10,000 counts resolution on secondary display
- L, C, R, and Z primary measurements
- Automatic calculation of secondary parameters D, Q, Theta, ESR, and DCR
- Accuracy up to 0.1% and selectable test frequencies up to 100 kHz
- Fast auto range design for rapid, easy component measurements
- Auto detect mode for automatic component type identification and measurement type selection
- Relative mode
- Visible and audible tolerance mode
- Backlit display
- Data Hold and Min/Max/Average recording
- USB (Virtual COM) interface
- SCPI compliant commands for remote communication
- Software for datalogging and front panel emulation available as free download
- Configurable power-up-states
- Passive component troubleshooting
- Electronic assembly
- Quality control (component sorting)