Documentation and Downloads
The UPWT-1 Universal Industrial Text Display – a flexible LED information system with IP66 and remote, wired communications.
Display key process information in factories, offices and industrial locations improving control, efficiency and safety.
The UPWT-1 is a fixed-format (ie: one size) display for wall-mounting and offers industrial performance at an affordable price.
The unit can be reprogrammed remotely making it multipurpose and reusable – with a choice of communications protocols.
UPWT-1 Specific Technical Details for online ordering:
- Environmental: IP66 and -20 to +60 Centigrade operation
- Character height: 60mm
- LED colour red only – see UPWT-2 model if other colour options are required.
- Height of casing: 15cm
- Width of casing: 40cm
- Unit Case Thickness: 4cm (with roofshade 5.5cm)
- Number of Characters: 5 – 7
- Resolution in Pixels: 40 x 8
- Mass: 1.5 Kg
- Average Power Consumption: 5W
- With Ethernet (LAN) interface as standard
- With RS485 and RS232 and 20mA digital Current Loop as standard
- Select fixed power version: mains AC or 24VDC
- Polycarbonate housing (UPWT-1 Mini).
As well as English, the displayed text can contain characters from the following alphabets:
– PL, RU, DE, CZ, SK, HU, UA, LT, LV, NO, SE, FR, NL
– and special characters (for example % @ ° $ € < > + – = etc.)
The UPWT-1 can display 7 full digits as shown:
Content can be transmitted by the following interfaces:
– Ethernet (two-way communication)
– RS485 (two-way communication)
– RS422 – 232 (with optical isolation)
– CL 20mA digital current loop (with optical isolation)
Displays communicate with the host system using one of the two protocols:
– MODBUS RTU (RS485 interface only)
– Uncomplicated R004 protocol developed by RGB Technology (included in the price of the device at purchase)
Interfaces with two-way communication enable acknowledgment of the receipt of the data by the display.
The specific capabilities of the device are as follows:
- Displaying flowing or stationary messages (forced flowing text, forced stationary text, switching on the flow of the text automatically when the messages do not fit on the display).
- Available length of messages is from 1 to 100 characters.
- 20 different speeds of the text flow.
- Two font-faces of standard characters (normal and bold).
- Five font-faces of digits with a fixed width dedicated to display numbers, for example finished items, daily schedule, etc.. (two normal font-faces and three bold font-faces).
- Displaying current temperature (extra option).
- Two modes of brightness adjustment: manual (10 different brightness levels) or automatic (4 different profiles of the brightness sensor displaying the 10 brightness levels according to ambient lighting).
The UPWT-1 is supplied with a steel mounting bracket for wall or cabinet mounting.
Mounting brackets are pre-drilled at 316mm centres with 6x10mm oval holes for fixing with pan-head screws or bolts (not supplied).
Captive cross-head screws at each end of the bracket then slot into the body of the UPWT-1 display before tightening to secure.
(Dimensions stated above are for guidance and subject to revision without notice.)
The UPWT-1 Mini comes with polycarbonate housing. Also available is the UPWT-1 Optima in powdercoated mild steel housing – please contact us for more details.