Documentation and Downloads
The UPWT-2 Universal Industrial Text Display – a flexible LED information system with IP65 and remote communications enclosed in a rugged steel housing.
Display key process information in factories, offices and industrial locations improving control, efficiency and safety.
Like its smaller brother (the UPWT-1), UPWT-2 is a fixed-format (ie: one size) display for wall-mounting and offers industrial performance at an affordable price.
The UPWT-2 brings a much larger character height (120mm vs 60mm) offering distance readability over 40m in good conditions – ask us for details.
UPWT-2 can be reprogrammed remotely making it multipurpose and reusable – with a choice of communications protocols.
UPWT-2 Specific Technical Details for online ordering:
- Environmental: IP65 and -20 to +60 Centigrade operation
- Character height: 60mm
- Case material: powder-coated steel
- Case Height: 19cm
- Case Width: 80cm
- Case Thickness: 4cm (with roofshade 8.5cm)
- Number of Characters: 5 – 7
- Resolution in Pixels: 40 x 8
- Mass: 6 Kg
- Average Power Consumption: 8W
- With Ethernet (LAN) interface as standard – select 2nd interface from RS485 or RS232 or 20mA Current Loop
- Select fixed power version: mains AC or 12VDC or 24VDC
Sets of Characters
As well as English, the displayed text can contain characters from the following alphabets:
– PL, RU, DE, CZ, SK, HU, UA, LT, LV, NO, SE, FR, NL
– and special characters (for example % @ ° $ € < > + – = etc.)
The UPWT-2 can display 7 full digits as shown:
Content, depending on the version of the device, can be transmitted by the following interfaces: – Ethernet (two-way communication) – RS485 (two-way communication) – RS422 – 232 (with optical isolation) – CL 20mA current loop (with optical isolation)
Displays communicate with the host system using one of the two protocols: – MODBUS RTU (RS485 interface only) – Uncomplicated R004 protocol developed by RGB Technology (included in the price of the device at purchase) Interfaces with two-way communication enable obtaining the acknowledgment of the receipt of the data by the display.
The specific capabilities of the device are as follows:
- Displaying the text in one verse or two verses (only for certain models of the devices). Two-verse devices have one interface, but they display the text in each verse independently.
- Displaying flowing or stationary messages (forced flowing text, forced stationary text, switching on the flow of the text automatically when the messages do not fit on the display).
- Available length of messages is from 1 to 100 characters.
- 20 different speeds of the text flow.
- Two font-faces of standard characters (normal and bold).
- Five font-faces of digits with a fixed width dedicated to display numbers, for example finished items, daily schedule, etc.. (two normal font-faces and three bold font-faces).
- Displaying current temperature (extra option).
- Two modes of brightness adjustment: manual (10 different brightness levels) or automatic (4 different profiles of the brightness sensor).