Terms and Conditions and Privacy / Legal
This page covers:
Website usage terms and conditions (scroll down for details).
Metrix Electronics Ltd (“Metrix”) is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Please read the following privacy statement to understand how your personal information will be treated when you use or register on our website, speak to a member of our customer services or otherwise interact with Metrix.
What personal information does Metrix collect?
Metrix collects personal information from you when you provide it to us directly, or through your use of our website, for example:
- Information about yourself and the company you work for, when you register for an account with us. This may include your name and contact details, your company name and company details, information about your role in the company, and how you heard about the site.
- Transaction, billing and delivery information, if you make a purchase with us or contract for one of our solutions or services.
- Records of your interactions with us, e.g. if you send email feedback to our website, ask a technical question, report a problem or otherwise contact us. Please note that if you telephone us, we may record the call for compliance, quality and staff training purposes.
- If you respond to one of our customer surveys or enter into a competition.
- If you interact with one of our field sales staff at yours or our premises or at a trade show.
- We may also record certain details of how you use our website, such as the website you came from or are going to, your device’s unique ID, your IP addresses and operating system, adverts you click on, products you search for, products you purchase, and information you download. Marketing emails we send you may also automatically detect whether you have received or opened the email or clicked on a link in our marketing materials. We use this information for our own performance measurement, but also so that we can tailor our promotional messages and advertising to you.
How does Metrix use my personal information?
Depending on how you use Metrix online, your interactions with us, and the permissions you give us, we will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To fulfil your order and/or provide you with the services you have contracted for.
- To maintain your online account with us.
- To manage and respond to any queries or complaints to our customer service team.
- To personalise Metrix online to you and show you content we think you will be most interested in, based on your account information, your purchase history and your browsing activity.
- To improve and maintain Metrix online, and monitor its usage.
- For market research, e.g. we may contact you for feedback about our products and services.
- To send you marketing messages and show you targeted advertising, where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so.
- For security purposes, to investigate fraud and where necessary to protect ourselves and third parties.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We rely on the following legal bases, under data protection law, to process your personal information:
- Because the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you, or take steps prior to entering into a contract with you (e.g. where you have made a purchase with us, we use your personal data to process the payment and fulfil your order).
- Because it is in the legitimate interests of Metrix and your company, where you are submitting orders on your company’s behalf.
- Because we have obtained your consent (e.g. where you contact us with a query, where you add optional information to your account profile, or if you consent to receive marketing from us).
- Because it is in Metrix’ legitimate interests as an e-commerce provider to maintain and promote our services. We are always seeking to understand more about our customers in order to offer the best products and customer experience. We use information about you to tailor your view of Metrix online, to make it more interesting and relevant in respect of the products and offers on view.
With whom does Metrix share my personal information?
Metrix needs to share information with certain selected third parties in order to operate our business:
- Service Providers: We provide information to our service providers acting on our behalf (for example to companies that provide digital marketing services like product recommendation, statistical analysis, business & operational insight, website optimization), as well as to those third parties involved in the delivery chain (for example freight forwarders, couriers and delivery companies). On occasion, we also share personal information with our professional and legal advisors.
- Government Authorities: Where you order is due for delivery outside the UK, we may need to share information with customs authorities both in the UK and in the country of destination. We may also share personal information with law enforcement or other governmental authority, e.g. to report a fraud or in response to a lawful request.
- Credit & Fraud Checking: We may share information with credit reference agencies and with third parties engaged in fraud prevention and detection.
- Media: From time to time, we may release aggregated and anonymised marketing statistics to business partners, or may use these in press releases, advertising, or published reports. We would only personally identify you or any other customer in such press releases, advertising, or reports with your prior consent.
- Business or Asset Sale: In the event that we sell any business assets, the personal information of our customers may be disclosed to a potential buyer. In this event, we will make reasonable attempts to ensure the buyer will be bound by the terms of this privacy statement.
Metrix may also disclose personal information in cases where we believe the disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Metrix, our customers, employees or the public, or where we are otherwise legally permitted to do so.
Where does Metrix store my personal information, and how long for?
Metrix predominantly stores personal information in UK. However Metrix also uses service providers based around the world. Consequently, your personal information may be processed in countries outside of Europe, including in countries where you may have fewer legal rights in respect of your information than you do under local law. If we transfer personal data outside the European Economic Area we will, as required by applicable law, ensure that your privacy rights are adequately protected by appropriate safeguards.
We keep your personal information for as long as we need it for the purposes set out above, and so this period will vary depending on your interactions with us. For example, where you have made a purchase with us, we will keep a record of your purchase for the period necessary for invoicing, tax and warranty purposes. We may also keep a record of correspondence with you (for example if you have made a complaint about a product) for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim.
Where we no longer have a need to keep your information, we will delete it. Please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in future.
What does Metrix do to protect my personal information?
Metrix always aims to deliver the highest level of service and security to our customers and our website has been specifically designed with security in mind.
In order to ensure the security and protection of your personal details whenever you submit any sensitive information such as credit card number and account details, we use the following security methods:
- Our online payment partner – SagePay – provides level 1 PCI DSS certification. This means that your information is protected and safe to submit.
- Sensitive credit card information is not stored on or processed on the Metrix website – all such information is processed directly by SagePay and Metrix does not receive the payment information.
- Your Metrix online account information is password-protected so that you and only you have access to this personal information. You may edit your Metrix online account information by using your Metrix online user name and password and by clicking on the My Account button at the top of each page. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. We will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited email.
How does Metrix use my personal information for marketing?
Unless you opted-out during your account registration and purchase, Metrix may send you emails, call or text you regarding Metrix products and services. In addition, we may occasionally send you direct mail about products that we feel may be of interest to you.
It is likely that some or all of these marketing messages may be tailored to you, based on what we know about you and/or your company, for example from your previous searches and browsing history on Metrix online, and your purchase activity.
If you no longer want to hear from us, at any time you can:
- Unsubscribe from all future marketing emails by clicking on the link in each email
- Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also see adverts for Metrix on third party websites, including on social media. These adverts may be tailored to you using cookies (which track your web activity, to enable us to serve adverts to customers who have visited Metrix online). Where you see an ad on social media, this may because we have engaged the social network to show adverts to our customers, or users who match the demographic profile of our customers. In some cases, this may involve sharing your email address with the social network. If you no longer want to see tailored ads you can change your cookie and privacy settings on your browser and these third party websites.
How can I access, update, correct or delete my personal information?
You can view and edit your Personal Profile information at any time by clicking on My Account, which you can access anytime through the link at the top of every page.
If you have forgotten your password, or have any other problems accessing Metrix online, please contact Metrix Customer Services on 01256 885940
If you have a query regarding your personal information which you cannot resolve via My Account, please contact us using the details below. Under UK data protection law, you have the right to access (including in a machine-readable format), correct, and request the erasure of your personal data, and Metrix will comply with any requests to exercise these rights in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware, however, that there are a number of limitations to these rights, and there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request.
What is a cookie and how does our website use them?
A cookie is a file containing a piece of data (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser when you visit a website. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We may use the information we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:
- To recognise your computer when you visit our website
- To improve the website’s usability
- To analyse the use of the website
- To personalise our website for you (e.g. to show you product recommendations based on your previous purchases)
- To track you as you navigate our website, and enable the use of certain functionalities (e.g. add/remove products to and from the order basket, completing a purchase within checkout, etc.)
- To remember you when you return to our website (e.g. if you add products to the basket but decide not to complete a purchase during that visit, we may save the basket reference number in a cookie so that we can retrieve it for your next visit)
- To show you advertisements on our website and third-party websites, based on browsing activity on our website
If you’d like to block or delete cookies from metrix-electronics.com or any other website you visit, you can use your browser to do this.
What types of cookies do our websites use?
There are two different types of cookies that we use:
- Cookies required for functionality and navigation
These cookies are essential for the proper functioning and easy navigation of our website. For example they enable the order basket functionality and for you to stay logged in as you move through our website. If you refuse to accept these cookies, it will impact on the usability of certain features of our website.
- Cookies for analytics, targeting and advertising purposes
Analytics cookies gather general information on how users use our website, e.g. which pages users visit most frequently and whether users receive any error messages from the website.
Targeting and advertising cookies are used to tailor advertisements and recommendations shown on our website and third-party websites to your interests. These cookies may be linked to social networks and your activity on other websites, so that you see customised adverts on third party websites based on your online activity. They also enable advertisers to limit the number of times the same advertisement is shown to you and evaluate the efficiency of an advertising campaign. These cookies are placed by advertising networks with our agreement. If you choose to delete or block these cookies, it will not reduce the functionality of our website.
For questions regarding this privacy notice or how we use your personal data, please go to Contact Us and get in touch.
You are also entitled to contact the UK Information Commissioner’s Office if you have any questions or concerns regarding your personal information.
Updates to this Privacy Statement
We may change this privacy statement from time to time in order to reflect changes in the law, regulatory guidance or our data privacy practices in compliance with the law. When this happens and where required by law, we will provide you with a new or an updated notice detailing how the use of your personal information is changing and, if necessary, obtain your consent for the further processing.
Website usage terms and conditions
How you use our website
The term ‘Metrix Electronics Limited’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Metrix Electronics Limited, Unit A, 57 Coopers Lane, Bramley, Tadley, Hampshire, RG26 5BZ. Our company registration number is 3846687. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
We try to ensure that prices on our website are accurate but sometimes errors may occur. If we find an error in the price of goods you have ordered we will let you know as soon as we can. You will then have a choice to reconfirm your order at the correct price or cancel it. You will receive a full refund if you have paid and then cancel. We will consider the order cancelled if we cannot get in touch with you.
Images of products displayed on our website are a representation only. Product specifications displayed on our website are for indication only. For exact specifications and product images, customers must refer to pdf Product Datasheets at the time of ordering. pdf Product Datasheets and product specifications may be subject to revision without notice.
Once your order is received via our website we will send an email to you confirming that the order has been received. We are happy to accept cancellation of an order placed via our website before we email to confirm that the order has been processed and you will receive a full refund of any payment received. Please email us at the orders address on our Contact Us page to cancel an order. We do not usually accept product returns except where the item is faulty. Please email us at the orders address on our Contact Us page if you need to return an item.
*Next Day delivery – (mainland UK only)
For orders received by 11am on a normal working day, goods are normally received by our customers by 5pm the next working day. Metrix does not guarantee to meet Next Day or any other delivery date and we will not be held liable for any financial or other penalties incurred by our customers due to a Metrix delivery not meeting a particular delivery date. Metrix delivery dates as advised to customers are estimates only. Next Day delivery is never possible for non-Mainland UK addresses.
Minimum order value and minimum order value for free delivery
Orders via our website are always subject to a minimum order value to make sure we cover the costs of handling your order professionally. The minimum order value is currently £50 GBP.
When we can, we like to offer free delivery and this will be indicated at the Checkout. The minimum order value for free delivery is currently £100 GBP.
Order value means the total value of goods/services in GB Pounds excluding delivery charges and excluding VAT.
Metrix tries to give a realistic indication to our customers – either through a webpage message or in our emailed quotations – of how long we expect the customer to have to wait for their goods (subject to payment terms).
Where our website indicates “In Stock”, this is an indication that we believe that the item is either available in our local stock or at one of our external suppliers’ warehouses. Please refer to the indicated date on the Product page or Basket page on our website.
Metrix does not guarantee to meet any particular delivery date and we will not be held liable for any financial or other penalties incurred by our customers due to a Metrix delivery not meeting a particular delivery date. Metrix delivery dates as advised to customers are estimates only.
Last updated 20th June 2018